Assistant Accountant Jobs
If you have proficient numeracy skills and are keen to kickstart your career as an Accountant, then working as an Assistant Accountant will be perfect for you. We have plenty of jobs that will fit your skillset and fulfill your expectations.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for a range of accounting tasks that will support the wider accounting and financial team. It is the daily tasks of the Assistant Accountant that drives the management accounting recommendations that will ultimately improve profitability and growth.
Part of an Assistant Accountant’s support role include but are not limited to tasks such as; working in teams to work on accounting projects, reconciliation of accounts, payment/invoice processing, verification of financial statements, ledgers and accounts, profit and loss account sheets, yearly budget, accruals, prepayments and budgeting and forecasting reports.
Opportunity for career advancement
Being a relatively junior level role, an Assistant Accountant will be provided with a lot of on-the-job training and therefore can expect a lot of room for career development and growth.
Assistant Accountant job requirements:
- A business degree majoring in Finance or Accounting, preferably with basic accounting skills
- At least two years of experience.
- High-level time management and organisational skills to be able to work with strict deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with software such as excel and various accounting packages highly regarded.