Finance Director Jobs
If you are a finance expert with strong analytical and numerical skills and are looking to take the next step in your career, a job as a Finance Director is ideal for you.
A Finance Director’s job is all about leading and overseeing all financial-related aspects of the business. You will be expected to be the driving force behind the company’s overarching financial strategy. An ideal Finance Director will be an experienced professional with a solid foundation of all accounting, finance and related business principles. A Finance Director will also be a leader who can oversee teams and departments effectively.
As a Finance Director, some of your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering and interpreting all financial information.
- Anticipating and acting accordingly with any future financial trends that can affect the company.
- Creating and presenting financial reports based on information provided by various departments within the business such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Come to actionable insights from these reports and propose strategic business plans.
- Implement strategies to observe and minimise financial risk within the business.
- Supervise finance and accounting personnel.
Opportunity for career advancement
Finance Directors are a position of high seniority and therefore will always offer highly competitive salaries and opportunities to progress even further within the finance department of a business.
Financial Director job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or another relevant field of study.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the finance field, preferably in a director-level role.
- High-level interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to form strong business relationships.
- Excellent knowledge of finance/accounting principles and laws.
- An MBA is highly regarded and a CA or CPA is essential.