IT Operations Manager Jobs
An IT Operations Manager is an authoritative role that involves overseeing the day-to-day activities of an organisation’s IT department to ensure that all systems and IT related infrastructure is running smoothly and reliably. Therefore, if you are an IT professional with proven experience in leadership roles, then a job as an IT Operations Manager may be ideal for you.
As an IT Operations Manager your responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain an organisation’s servers by identifying issues and implementing repair procedures.
- Lead IT technicians, system engineers and other staff such that they are able to assist end-users as well as provide support for the
- IT department in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage both software and hardware in terms of installation, troubleshooting and upgrading.
- Assist in handling service/help desk escalations.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with vendors.
Opportunity for career advancement
An IT Operations Manager is a senior-level role that involves overseeing a team of staff and therefore offers high salaries with room to evolve into even higher managerial roles.
IT Operations Manager job requirements:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject
- Extensive knowledge of networks and cloud computing.
- Previous hands-on experience in IT Operations, specifically at a managerial capacity.
- Excellent organisation skills, able to meet deadlines on multiple tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven track record of leading a team successfully.