Network Engineer Jobs
Network Engineers are experts of network infrastructure and hardware. Their role will range from creating, implementing and maintaining an organisations computer network to ensure streamline operations for the company as well as users. Therefore, if you are an experienced IT professional with an analytical mind, working as a Network Engineer may be ideal for you.
As part of the wider IT team, a Network Engineer will work closely alongside other disciplines such as Business Analysts and Network Architects.
As a Network Engineer, your responsibilities will also include:
- Overseeing overall network engineering performance to ensure systems are functioning and reliable.
- Installing both hardware and software-based network devices such as routers, firewalls, VPN, QoS, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Provide maintenance and support for existing systems through upgrades, services, security configurations and troubleshooting.
- Ensure disaster recovery and data backup protocols are in place and readily available when needed.
- Implement network security procedures in order to protect data.
- Reporting network status and performance to relevant stakeholders.
Opportunity for career advancement
A Network Engineer has the capacity to work client-side or be part of project teams working on a wide range of clients. A Network Engineer can expect generous salaries, opportunities to improve their expertise and therefore room for career growth.
Network Engineer job requirements:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject
- Proven hands-on experience network engineering experience
- Solid understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, OSPF, QoS and more)
- Excellent knowledge of network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, capable of working in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.