PMO Manager Jobs
A Project Management Office Manager’s overarching goal is to ensure that satisfactory standards are maintained throughout the lifetime of a project i.e. ideation, conception and execution. PMO Managers are fully accountable for the quality and result of each project as they are often tasked with monitoring all aspects of PMO staff. As such an individual with excellent leadership and organisational skills would thrive in such a role.
As a PMO Manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead project planning efforts, which will include budget/time management and delegating tasks to the relevant staff members.
- Have a solid understanding of financial data and be able to analyse financial reports in order to ensure that budgets and resources are properly measured and distributed.
- Provide frequent performance and financial reports to upper management and relevant stakeholders.
- Continuously monitor a project to implement optimisations and improvements to the processes.
- Write up and review all documentation pertaining to a projects life, including budgets, goals, issues and more.
Opportunity for career advancement
In such a highly competitive role, a successful and high performing PMO Manager can most likely expect top salaries and benefits, as well as room for career growth, be it moving to more senior roles or expanding their project portfolio.
PMO Manager job requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous project management experience.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.