Web Developer Jobs
A Web Developer is largely responsible for the design and development of a company’s website. Generally working with a team of Web Developers, they are expected to assist with the maintenance of the website, ensuring it is running smoothly and that all functions are aligned with any specific company requirements that may be in place.
As a Web Developer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, coding and building websites/webpages by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- The overall upkeep of website functionality using various management tools.
- Providing regular updates and upgrades to website content and performance.
- Overseeing website content; include editing, writing and ideating collaboratively with content production team members.
- Implementing test routines to ensure that test cases are compatible with external interfaces and account for all browser and device types.
- Keeping up to date with new web application developments.
- Analyse and apply customer feedback to website improvements.
- Ensuring all coding done by staff is compliant with industry standards.
Opportunity for career advancement
A company’s website is fast becoming one of the most important aspects of a business. Therefore, skilled Web Developers are in high demand and can expect competitive salaries.
Web Developer job requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS and high-level programming skills.
- At least 2 years of experience working in web programming is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an analytical mind.
- A fast learner who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation practices and processes.
- Experience in leading and managing a team.