Financial Analyst Jobs
If you are a finance professional with strong analytical skills and a knack for conducting high-level research, you may be a perfect match for a job as a Financial Analyst.
A Financial Analyst’s job is essentially all about analysing and researching related financial information to aid the company in making relevant business decisions. Effectively, a Financial Analyst is expected to create financial reports and subsequently work alongside the wider finance department to interpret these reports and analyse the business’ current performance and strategy.
Specifically, as a Financial Analyst some of your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Improving overall financial performance through analysing financial results, forecasts and trends.
- Presenting the analysis results to senior management and formulate appropriate recommendations.
- Perform market research to reinforce financial analysis.
- Stay up-to-date with financial trends and market movements.
- Propose budget improvements based on financial results.
- Work with upper management to assist with long-term financial strategic decisions.
Opportunity for career advancement
Financial Analyst’s skills are highly sought after for a range of possible roles such as commercial banking, research and trading as well as institutional jobs. Therefore, Financial Analysts can expect to have many opportunities for career progression.
Financial Analyst job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or another relevant field of study.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the finance field, preferably in an analytical based role.
- Advanced knowledge of various analytical and statistical tools such as Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of high-level presenting and reporting.