About the Company
A very highly regarded tier 2 construction company with ten year's track record of delivering successful commercial projects in Newcastle and the Hunter Valley, and over twenty years operational history, this is a dynamic organisation connecting people and spaces. Established in 1994, they design, construct and develop diverse projects for all sectors from project inception to completion. With more than 250 team members, they service clients across core divisions including construction, fit out & refurbishment.
About the Role
As the Project Manager on this $17 design and construct project, you will be responsible for:
- Materials handling including oversight of resource availability and allocation needed to achieve project goals;
- Work in conjunction with the Site Manager to ensure the schedule is being adhered to and site activities are being run appropriately;
- Clear communication with the project team and subcontractors where necessary to ensure expectations are understood and met;
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path, whilst proactively managing changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
- Preparation and submitting project documentation according to contract and quality assurance requirements;
- Adhere to Site Safety and Environmental requirements, permits, and procedures.
- Working with the Contract Administrator to assess and decide on Variation Claims and Extension of time requests.
- Liaising with the client to answer queries and provide regular updates
The Successful Candidate
You will possess all of the attributes listed below. If you don't, please don't be offended if your application is unsuccessful.
- A Bachelor of Construction Management degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years experience in the Construction industry
- Previous experience working on commercial, retail, multi-storey or industrial projects
- Ten years experience on projects exceeding $10 million in value
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- A broad network of relationships with subcontractors
Call Alex Brennan on 02 4063 2449 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org