Chief Technology Officer Jobs
A Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is an IT professional responsible for providing leadership for all technology-related aspects of a business. They will be capable of making important and complex technology decisions that will impact the performance of a business and help reach their goals.
As a Chief Technology Officer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating both short and long term strategies for the implementation and usage of technology within the company.
- Devise goals and objectives for future research and development efforts.
- Make all executive decisions relating to any technological requirements.
- Analyse technology performance metrics and develop plans for improvements accordingly.
- Lead and mentor team members.
- Overseeing technology budgets.
- Actively staying up to date with developments and trends within the technology industry.
- Understanding and adhering to technological regulatory standards.
- Work collaboratively within the organisation with teams such as Marketing and Business Development to ensure business goals are being met.
Opportunity for career advancement
A Chief Technology Officer is a high-level managerial role. Therefore a CTO can expect a highly competitive salary as well as an environment where skills and connections can be developed.
Chief Technology Officer job requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Proven 8 years working in a technological role with at least 5 years working at a managerial capacity
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of technological trends.