Systems Engineer Jobs
If you are a highly results-driven professional with a background in IT and a proven ability to think outside of the box when delivering solutions, then a job as a Systems Engineer may be ideal for you.
A Systems Engineer will work within a team of IT professionals to expand and maintain a business’ computing infrastructure. They will also need to develop troubleshooting measures and derive end-to-end solutions to meet the organisation’s goals.
As a Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will also include:
- Leading the implementation of network and computing processes/infrastructure.
- Maintaining and overseeing existing IT systems to ensure systems are running smoothly.
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date with new system developments.
- Monitor and conduct tests to identify potential issues and work with developers to develop solutions and preventative measures.
- Support the creation of operational and information support systems.
Opportunity for career advancement
A Systems Engineer is a key player in any business’ IT line-up. As such, Systems Engineers can expect to be compensated generously and have room to progress in their career.
Systems Engineer job requirements:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- Proven track record in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX, etc)
- Solid experience in scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python)
- Experience working with UNIX-based systems.
- Experience with networking technologies (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).